March 6th, 2018 - 12.00/14.30
European Parliament, Place du Luxembourg, 1047 Bruxelles
We will share ideas, strategies and recipes to fight the gender stereotypes and to propose a positive feminine model that could inspire enterprises and organizations that really want to make the difference in the digital era.
Themes for the discussants:
- The digital transformations introduce major changes in society. Do these phenomena enhance or reduce the gender equality?
- What competencies and skills are needed to face the changes introduced by the digital transformations?
- Change and innovation are the drivers of the digital world, is it the same within the organizations regarding the evolution of managers and teams?
- Change, innovation but also inspiration are key concepts: what does it means inspiration for the stakeholders in the digital era? How does research forecast new scenarios?
- Going beyond women and men, senior and junior’s separation and conflict: does the digital revolution help to overcome the gap?
- What can we do to encourage women's presence in technological and scientific disciplines / sectors of the economy?
Welcome and introduction:
- Silvia Costa, Committee on Culture and Education, European Parliament
- Gianna Martinengo, President of Didael KTS and Founder of Women&Technologies®, moderator of the panel
- Andrea Almeida-Cordeiro, Member of Cabinet of the Commissioner Mariya Gabriel - Digital Economy and Society;
- Lucilla Sioli, Director for Digital Industry, European Commission
The speakers are major enterprises’ top managers as well as academic representatives (research and higher education):
- Amal El Fallah Seghrouchni, Full Professor at the University Pierre and Marie Curie, Head of Multi-Agent Systems Team (SMA)
- Catherine Ladousse, Executive Director of Communication EMEA, Lenovo
- Franca Melfi, Prof, of Thoracic Surgery, University of Pisa; Chief of Robotic Multispeciality Center for Surgery, University Hospital of Pisa
- Christiane Noll, Vice President, Country Manager, Avanade Österreich GmbH
- Catuscia Palamidessi, Director of Research, INRIA
- Monica Rancati Human Resources Europe, Microsoft
- Patrizia Toia, Vice Chair of ITRE, Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, European Parliament
Questions and answers.
With the presence On. Isabella De Monte (Member of Committee on Industry, Research and Energy), On. Elena Gentile (Member of Committee on Employment and Social Affairs), On. Pina Picierno (Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality)
Real-time simultaneous translations will be provided in several European languages.